12 Nov How to Get a Document Notarized Online
Online notaries are quickly becoming the norm for people in the United States and all over the world. Companies like Notarize and NotaryCam have made it easy for anyone to get a document notarized online.
How to Get a Document Notarized Online
Some Things to Know Beforehand
Online notaries are generally open 24/7, 365 days a year so you don’t need worry about making an appointment.
If you’re in the United States, it costs $25 to notarize one document. If you’re abroad, it can cost anywhere between $25 and $79.
How to get a document notarized online
- Start by registering on the online notary website of your choice.
- Enter some basic personal information.
- Upload the scanned document you want notarized. This is usually in PDF format.
- Take a picture of your ID using your webcam or use a picture on your computer
- Answer questions about yourself. The information for the questions come from the public record, so they’re about your previous known addresses and immediate family members mostly.
- At this time, you’ll have a webcam conference with the notary. They’ll guide you through the process of electronically signing the document.
- After they witness you signing the document, they’ll notarize it behind the scenes.
- At this point, you can download the notarized document. You’re all done!
The entire process usually takes around 20 minutes.
What do I need to do to prepare for an online notarization?
You’ll have to have your technology in order. That means a functioning webcam and mic, a good Internet connection and your photo ID on hand. You’ll also need a way to scan your document and get it on your computer. There are many free scanning mobile apps available.
How can I get started?
Check out some online notary reviews and our preferred online notaries below.